Notice of Application for Firefighter/ParamedicThe Milton – Milton Township Fire Department is currently accepting applications to establish an eligibility list for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic. The Milton – Milton Township Fire Department is looking for energetic personnel that are dedicated to providing public service in areas of fire protection, emergency medical service, fire prevention, public education. The official Notice of Application for Firefighter/Paramedic is available on the City's website.
Salary: $49,500 with an excellent benefits package
Documents to Submit
Applicant Review Process
- Submit Application: Applications and Resumes must be completed by May 16, 2022 at 5 p.m. Applications are available at Milton-Milton Township Fire Department (614 W. Madison Avenue, Milton, WI), City of Milton and Township of Milton websites, and by request from email@example.com. Faxed, emailed, mailed or dropped off applications will be accepted.
- Oral Interviews: Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be contacted and invited to participate in Oral interviews.
- Eligibility Notification: Candidates will be notified of their progression in the application review process in May 2022. The selection process will include background investigation, drug/alcohol/screen, and medical exam
Minimum Requirements to Apply
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements to apply:
- U.S. Citizenship
- No felony convictions
- Minimum of 18 years or older at time of application
- Possess a valid state-issued Driver’s License
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Minimum Requirements at Time of Hire
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements at time of hire:
- Wisconsin Firefighter I & II certification (or obtain Wisconsin certification through reciprocity)
- Possess a valid Wisconsin Paramedic License (or obtain Wisconsin licensure through reciprocity)
- Possess a current CPAT Assessment Certification (within the last 2 years)
- Certified Driver/Operator – Pumper (preferred at time of hire)
- Certified Driver/Operator – Aerial (preferred at time of hire)
- NIMS/ICS 100 & 700
- 1 year of operational fire experience
- 1 year of experience as a practicing EMT
Please direct all questions pertaining to the application process to Administrative Assistant Jenny Lukas at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (608) 868-2842.
Additional information can be found on the department's official website or by contacting the fire station directly.