Elections for local offices will be held on April 2, 2019. There are three alderperson seats, the mayor, and municipal court judge up for election in 2019. The incumbents are Mayor Anissa Welch, Ald. Larry Laehn, Ald. Theresa Rusch, Ald. Jeremy Zajac, and Judge Kris Koeffler.
If you are interested in running for a City office and have questions regarding the process, please contact City Clerk Leanne Schroeder at (608) 868-6900 ext. 2 or by email at email@example.com.
If candidates or the public have any questions about campaigning related to ethics, finance, etc., they should contact the Wisconsin Ethics Commission at (608) 266-8123. The Wisconsin Ethics Commission’s website can be found at www.ethics.wi.gov.
Important Dates to Remember:
- November 26, 2018 – Local Candidate Nomination Papers and Information Packet available for pick-up at City Hall.
- December 1, 2018 – First day for candidates to circulate nomination papers for 2019 Spring Election.
- December 21, 2018 – Last day (5 p.m.) for incumbents not seeking re-election to file Notification of Non-Candidacy with the City Clerk.
- January 2, 2019 – Last day (5 p.m.) for candidates to file nomination papers with the City Clerk. (Extended to Wednesday due to the legal holiday on Tuesday.)
- Tuesday, February 19, 2019 – Spring Primary (if required)
- Tuesday, April 2, 2019 – Spring Election