Build Day for the Crossridge Park Playground will still take place tomorrow, August 23, 2014. Due to the rain the last few days, the site is wet and muddy, so it is recommended that volunteers wear boots and attire appropriate for these conditions. If there are pieces of the playground that volunteers are unable to complete on Build Day, those interested in helping to complete the project will be asked to help finish the playground on Thursday, August 28, 2014 (weather dependent).
The schedule for Build Day is as follows:
- 8 a.m. – Truck arrives with playground equipment and volunteers start organizing and sorting the equipment. Registration for volunteers begins.
- 8:45 a.m. – Welcome, Build Day Kick-Off.
- 9 a.m. – Deploy volunteers and start building.
- 11:30 a.m. – Break teams for lunch in shifts.
- 12:30 p.m. – Back to work for project completion.
- 2 p.m. – Volunteers start moving wood chips into place and cleaning up the site.
- 4:30 p.m. – Conduct safety inspection of completed playground project.
- 5:00 p.m. – Secure site with caution tape / fencing.
For additional information contact Inga Cushman, Assistant to the City Administrator, at 608-868-6900 or by e-mail at email@example.com.