City of Milton Staffing and Service Updates:
Move to Phase 2 of Reopening Plan
The City of Milton announced on March 3, 2021 the decision to move to Phase 2 of the City's Reopening Phased Plan.
This means City of Milton facilities will be open again for in-person transactions. Opening dates for the facilities are as follows:
- Milton Public Library – Thursday, March 4
- City Hall and Police Department – Monday, March 8
- Public Works Department – Tuesday, March 23 (tentative)
Park pavilion and Community House rentals resumed. Renters will be told the guidance from Rock County on limiting the number of people at gatherings. Pavilions and the Community House will be rented every other day in order to allow sufficient time for staff to clean the facilities.
Face Mask Advisory and Face Mask Policy for City Facilities
The Common Council approved an update to the Face Mask Policy and the Reopening Phased Plan at their meeting on May 18, 2021, which adopts the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) issued on May 13, 2021. If community members visiting City facilities and employees are vaccinated, they do not need wear a mask in City facilities. If they are not yet vaccinated, they are required to wear a mask in City facilities. Please Note: Some community members and employees who are vaccinated may choose to continue to wear a mask.
Physical-Contactless Service Options and Operational Updates
Below is a list of physical-contactless service options and some operational updates from each department.
City Hall and General Updates and Information
- Payments can be placed in the drop box located outside of City Hall/Police Department or mailed. You can also make payments online.
- If a community member needs to pay a bill in cash and does not want to enter City Hall, please place the payment in the secure, silver drop box and call City Hall at (608) 868-6900 ext. 1 to notify staff.
- Documentation you need to provide to the City can be placed in the drop box outside of City Hall or brought in to City Hall to a staff member.
- Voicemails left for staff in all departments will be checked on a regular basis and calls will be returned as soon as possible.
- Staff are also available by email. Use the staff directory on the City’s website to find email addresses for staff members.
- The lobby of the Police Department will be open during business hours for all administrative needs.
- Police officers will continue to respond to calls for service. However, in order to both maintain the health of our staff and to prevent potential spread of the virus in the community, officers are going handle as many calls as possible without coming into physical contact with others. Any calls that they can manage by phone, email, or a combination of the two will help to keep all of us healthy. If you need to contact a police officer, please call the non-emergency number at (608) 757-2244. Call 911 if there is an emergency, and you need an officer to respond.
Public Works Department
- The Public Works Department will continue to perform essential services for the community, including, but not limited to, maintaining the City’s water and wastewater infrastructure. Staff are working staggered schedules to help prevent exposure among staff members.
- Refuse and recycling collection will continue as scheduled. Refuse and recycling collection is considered an essential service. If there are any changes to the collection schedule, we will notify residents on our website and social media. The collection schedule is available on the City’s website.
- If you need a building permit, contact the Public Works Department at (608) 868-6914 or (608) 931-8025 or email Administrative Assistant Brenda Mathews at email@example.com.
Milton Public Library
- The library is open for browsing, limited services, and curbside pick up.
- Hours remain Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The book drops are available at all times.
- The library continues to be very active online with virtual programming and online videos.
- Audiobooks and eBooks are always accessible through Hoopla and Libby (powered by Overdrive).
- For more information on the services listed above or others, please call the library or visit the library's website at www.miltonpubliclibrary.org.
- Payments can be placed in the secure, silver drop box located outside of City Hall/Police Department or mailed to Milton Municipal Court, 690 S. Janesville Street. You can also make payments online (www.milton-wi.gov/MakeAPayment) or by calling (866) 917-7368.
- Service will be provided through phone calls, mail, or email.
- Court hearings are in-person only for juvenile cases and by phone, mail, or in-person for adult cases.
Additional Resources (linked below)
Information about COVID-19 or the coronavirus from the CDC.
Information on the status of COVID-19 in Rock County and resources available.
The guidelines are in accordance with CDC recommendations, DHS recommendations and WEDC Guidelines. Guidelines will help businesses take necessary steps to open and serve customers while keeping everyone safe.
Executive Orders from Governor Tony Evers' Office.
Press Releases from Governor Tony Evers' Office.
Information about COVID-19 or the coronavirus from the Rock County Public Health Department
Dashboard showing the status of the benchmarks in Rock County's reopening plan.
Information about COVID-19 or the coronavirus from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.