Operator's License

The City of Milton Operator's License Application is available on the City's website and at City Hall.


  • New/Renewal License:  $30.00
  • Provisional License:  $15.00

Fees for operator licenses can be paid at City Hall, by mail, or online (click on Quick Pay).

Note:  All Operator's Licenses expire June 30th, regardless of when they were first obtained.

New license applicants must meet the following qualifications:

  1. Must be 18 years of age or older.
  2. May not have been convicted of a felony or be a habitual law offender.
  3. Within the past two (2) years, must have held a valid Operator's License in any Wisconsin municipality or completed one of the Responsible Beverage Server Training Courses that have been approved by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue.  Below is a list of courses have been approved.

Responsible Beverage Server Training Available Courses

  • Madison College - This four-hour course is offered at various Madison College campuses.  Contact Madison College for class availability.  Applicant must register in advance.  Out-of-state students are required to pay out-of-state tuition.  Applicant must have a Social Security Number.
  • Any other Wisconsin Technical College
  • Online at Learn2Serve.  The fee for this online course is $14.95.
  • Online at Rserving.  The fee for this online course is $9.95.
  • Online at Server License.  The fee for this online course is $12.00.
  • Online at Seller Server. The fee for this online course is $16.00.
  • Online at Wisconsin Restaurant Association.  The fee for this online course is $30.00.
  • Online at Selling and Serving Safely.  The fee for this online course is $12.50.
  • Online at TIPS.  the fee for this online course is $40.00.

Who must obtain an Operator's License (also known as a Bartender's License)?

  • All individuals selling or serving alcohol beverages.  
    • Exception:  Individuals without a valid license must work under the immediate supervision of the licenses, Liquor/Beer Agent, or someone with a valid Operator's License. 

Who must complete a Responsible Beverage Server Training Course?

  • The applicant of an Operator's License, Class A License, or Class B License.  
  • Sole proprietors, all members of a partnership, and the Liquor/Beer Agent for a Corporation or Limited Liability Company must complete Beverage Server Training (BST) before the liquor/beer license can be issued to the establishment.
  • The Liquor/Beer Agent for an establishment must meet the qualifications below, but is not required to hold an Operator's License because his/her name appears on the establishment's liquor license.