Controlled Burns

Reporting Controlled Burns

If you live within the Milton and Milton Township Fire Department response area, you must call the non-emergency number (608) 868-2842, and report your controlled burn. If no one answers, and you get the department voicemail system, please leave a message including the following information:
  • Name
  • Address
  • Time and date of burn
You must also call the non-emergency number for the Rock County Communications Center at (608) 757-2244 and report your controlled burn.

Additional Tips

  • Be mindful of weather conditions when burning
  • Always have a method of controlling your fire
  • The owner of the land may be charged for the full cost of extinguishment for controlled burns which get out of control.